Monday, March 2, 2009

Guest Sketcher - B.D.



Today's guest Sketcher is BD

When I first moved into town in the middle of summer 08 I went to our favorite hangout spot Cecil's. There I was noticing these wonderful character sketches drawn on bar napkins hanging up above the door that led to the back area of the bar. I asked the bartender Jay about these sketches and he pulled out two tuperware tubs...filled to the top with napkins and artwork by a local artist named Brent Himes who goes by the name BD. So thrilled I was when I saw his drawing of Sergio Aragonés of Groo fame. Who the hell sits in a bar and draws the creator of Groo?!? I knew instantly this guy was someone I had to meet.

Sure enough as time went on and my love for Cecil's has now become a ritual with friends I have found this guy. He's a great dude and I look forward to hanging out with him in the future. Very inspiring. I would love to do an animated project with BD. Which reminds me, I know I've been doing a lot of 3D and graphic design stuff at work... But it's time to set some time aside for myself. GET TO SKETCHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment